This post contains products that were sent to me for my consideration. Go here for my disclosure policy.
I’ve been super inspired by Natalie‘s Pantone Color of the Year series lately and I just had to pull out some of my own Rose Quartz and Serenity makeup. I don’t have very much Serenity/blue makeup, but I have quite a bit Rose Quartz/pink to play with.
I was stumped at first how to use the blue because pink is so easy to use in makeup but blue can look dated if you do it wrong. Then I saw Jenn‘s makeup look where she used blue on the lower lash line and boom! Inspiration struck.
I’m so excited with how this turned out!! The more I look at the photos the more in love with it I am. I hadn’t played with colour in a long time and this is just proof that I need to do it more often! Especially considering how doubtful I was that I would like a makeup look inspired by the Pantone Color of the Year – but this is super fun!
Get the look!
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless/Better Skin Foundation
- bareMinerals READY Foundation Powder
- NYX HD Concealer in Yellow
- Maybelline Master Concealer
Brows & Cheeks
- Pixi by Petra Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched as contour
- Annabelle Blushon in Rosebud
- Annabelle Twist Up Brow Pencil in Medium Brown
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper
- essence Gel Eyeliner in Black
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara
- Mix of Urban Decay Limit and Nooner (Naked 3 palette)
- Mix of Wet n Wild Pink Eyelid + Crease (Poster Child palette)
- Mix of Urban Decay Darkside (Naked 3 palette) and Wet n Wild Blue Definer (Poster Child palette)
- Mix of Wet n Wild Blue Eyelid + Definer shades (Poster Child palette)
- Urban Decay Strange
- Mix of Urban Decay Strange and Wet n Wild Pink Browbone (Poster Child palette)
- Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Bellini
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this little look at what I put on my face. 🙂 What’s inspired your makeup lately?