I am very touched to have been nominated for this award by elaimee! She’s only been blogging since May 31, but she’s got a great foundation going and I really look forward to getting to know her through her posts!
- What was the last tv show or movie you watched?
“The West Wing” – my fiance and I have been marathoning it. We are almost done season 4! Loving it so much.
- Do you have a favourite musical? Why is it your favourite?
Oh boy. To be honest, I haven’t seen a lot of musicals, but I listen to a lot of soundtracks from musicals. I think my favourite one would be “Once” – it’s songs are just so beautiful and poignant. I really want to see the show! If I had to pick a musical that I’d seen though, it’d probably be “Sound of Music” if only because I love Julie Andrews and my family used to watch it every Christmas.
- If you could have 5 high-end beauty products in your make-up bag which you don’t currently have, what would they be?
Oh man this is a tough one. Mostly because I try to avoid looking at high-end make-up products because I know they’re out of my price range. The four that I can think of right now are:
– Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I’ve heard so many good things about it and it just sounds heavily.
– Marc Jacob’s Style Eye-con No.7 palette in The Lolita
– Dior’s Vernis Gel Shine and Long Wearing Nail Lacquer, specifically in Number 338, Mirage
– Dior’s Addict Fluid Stick in Magique
- Favourite song at the moment?
“Leave” from “Once”. It’s kind of haunting in a really beautiful way and Steve Kazee is just such a talented musician. Ugh, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
- Why did you start a blog?
I first started this to write about my anxiety. It was really bad the past semester and I wanted to try to write about it to work through it. I thought doing it in a public forum might help other people too, so that’s why I started this. Writing about anxiety didn’t last very long because it’s so hard for me to write about and this blog turned into a beauty blog. I’ve loved watching and reading other people’s blogs and I wanted to start writing again, so here we are!
- Beauty product you swear by?
Sephora’s Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. It is the perfect retro red for my skin tone and it’s so creamy that it doesn’t dry out my lips like a lot of other stains I’ve tried. AND it doesn’t budge once it’s set. Love it.
- Skincare product you swear by?
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I blogged about this in my May Favourites post but oh man oh man, my skin has been revolutionized with this product. It not only moisturizers like nothing else I’ve used, leaving my skin smooth and supple, but it’s balanced out my skin so that it’s not so oily.
- 3 favourite actors/actresses
Colin Firth – especially in “The King’s Speech”
Gary Oldman – I haven’t seen him in anything I haven’t loved
Natalie Portman – mostly for who she is as a person, to be honest. Not to say I don’t enjoy her work, but she is just such a great role model.
- Most memorable high school moment?
Graduating and getting out of there. 😛 No but seriously, it probably would have just been sitting around in the lounge area and chatting with my friends. Nothing spectacular or exciting, but it’s the little things.
- What do you think about those who believe they need to wear make-up everyday?
I disagree with them, but if that’s their prerogative, then that’s okay too.
- What makes you happy?
This guy. Also cute animals. Especially kitties.
The Liebster Award Rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you; You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you. You must pick nominees with under 2000 followers to answer your 11 questions; You cannot nominate the person who nominated you; You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
1. Tea or coffee? Do you have a favourite blend?
2. Skincare product you couldn’t live without?
3. Beauty product you couldn’t live without?
4. Perfume – yay or nay? If yay – what is your favourite?
5. Why did you start your blog?
6. What is one thing you’ve always wished you could do?
7. Favourite accessories?
8. What is your all time favourite movie?
9. What is your favourite season for fashion and beauty?
10. How do you spend your time other than blogging?
11. What is your favourite book?